Run Tim Tim

[caption id="attachment_46" align="aligncenter" width="600" caption="Tim's first time atop of Green. He pointed to his house and said, "I live there." I just saw a bunch of forest and hills, but I guess that's where he lives."][/caption]

Got together with Tim Wagoner/Luchinske/Lucho for a long trail run with no real plan in place.   We got started from my place, headed up Shanahan Trail to Mesa, over to chatauqua, up Green Mtn, and then back in a round about manner (never lost, just "exploring", of course).  4 hrs 14 mins with maybe 10 mins or so of stops (top of Green, route decisions) and 5,000 feet of climb.

[caption id="attachment_50" align="alignnone" width="600" caption="Tim W."][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_47" align="aligncenter" width="600" caption="Men of Green Calendar, April 2010"][/caption]

We bumped into a guy near the junctions just before the top of Green.  The weird thing is that I gave this guy directions at Sanitas  yesterday.  He's Lucas from Pittsburgh and ran up snowy Green in Asics road shoes and no socks.  After I told him the wrong way to get over to Flagstaff (NEVER ask me for directions), Tim and I sort of dropped him on the slushy/ice descent.  Lucas just ran a super first ultra, the JFK 50 miler in sub 7 hours and is registered for Leadville 100 [personal insight here:  I'm scared for the guy].

[caption id="attachment_48" align="aligncenter" width="600" caption="Tim W. and Lucas up the final scramble to Green"][/caption]

The four hours went by incredibly fast.  TW and I seemed to have a lot to talk about and I enjoyed his company immensely.  It's difficult to speculate how someone who's never run a 100 will do, but I expect him to fair pretty well at Leadville.  He patiently listened while I spouted off all sorts of information about how to run a 100 miles even though I've never run more than 53 at one time.  So, I live vicariously through my talented friends who've actually run 100's, so what?

[caption id="attachment_49" align="aligncenter" width="600" caption="A bi-wing plane came by and shot me down shortly after this was taken"][/caption]

Comments

  1. I see you did the initiation ceremony with him by getting naked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned it from you and invoked your name as the ceremony commenced.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You called out my name?! Awesome. I thought I felt some burning.

    How f'ing hilarious would have it been if the cairn broke while you were fondling it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought about that while crawling around on it. Should have seen some of the other positions. Tim was probably a little freaked out when I told him I had to take my shirt off and wanted him to take some photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Freaked? Oh I am sure he was *something* but most definitely not freaked.

    Trying to get that kid to come to the GC wid da boyz.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not right....

    But seriously, hope you're enjoying your first week back to Colorado Tim!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts