Todd Braje Joins Team McDavid

Todd Braje setting the course record of 5:30 at Jed Smith 50 miler.
Todd Braje has joined McDavid and it's growing Ultrarunning Team on a multi year agreement.  Todd's been utilizing compression socks for five years in his running career that has seen several national championships, including winning the USATF 100 mile National Championship last July at Burning River 100.  He holds a personal best in the 50 mile distance of 5 hours 30 mins (setting the course record at Jed Smith 50 miler).

I promised him I'd take him under my wing and teach him how to run faster. (that's a joke for any furrowed brow readers who may think I'm being serious).

Todd will be sporting McDavid gear at his next race, Mad City 100k National Championships on April 9th.

McDavid is stepping up and supporting not only runners but ultra races like the Buffalo Runs (100 mile / 50 mile / 50k / 25k) on Antelope Island and the Ice Age 50 miler in Wisconsin.  They're also supporting Adam Casseday with gear in his Appalachian Trail run.

I'm honored and humbled to be a part of such a great company and running on a team with a truly elite ultra runner in Todd.  We're likely going to round off the team with a female ultra runner soon enough.

Comments

  1. I nominate JT for that last category.

    ReplyDelete
  2. JT, by his own admission, isn't an ultra runner anymore (otherwise he'd be a shoe-in).

    ReplyDelete
  3. 5:30 for 50m is incomprehensible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you've mentioned in the past that he's undefeated in two years on US soil, 13 races, 13 wins, from 50k to 100 miles. 5:30 50 mile trail PR, and no DNF's, right?
    kayle
    (my daughter wanted to sign her name to this comment)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah Rick, funny enough, that undefeated streak was broken last week at way too cool where he took 2nd to a mike Wolfe who ran out of his mind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing streak regardless of being one step down on the podium this last weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice addition to the team - two fast guys that are also humble, approachable people (never approached Todd, just have heard that).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wern't we just talking about his undefeated streak a few weeks ago - I think you jinxed him!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, Nick, you don't want me picking you to win a race. It's like the kiss of death.

    ReplyDelete
  10. He's weak, I crushed 5:30 at Salida!

    When are you driving back from Antelope? Maybe we can meet on I-70 for beers, I'll be leaving Moab on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wasn't that a new course record at salida?
    We'll be taking I-80 home and I have this sick feeling that my ride wants to leave on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts