Hardrock Update and San Diego Mullings

Beckons me
To look through to the
Infinite possibilities

Yes, I'm 8th on the list for Hardrock now, yay!

Drawn beyond the lines of reason
Push the envelope
Watch it bend

Getting pretty excited for San Diego in the meantime.  Just nine more days and I'll be lining up, butterflies and tight chest.  I feel really good and think I've even lost a few pounds over the last couple weeks, not intentionally but from drinking less beer (also not intentional) and mixing up my exercise between riding, speed walking, and running, thereby stressing my body with variety and making it work more.  I feel the riding is a big benefit to my uphill running too.

I have my splits drawn up and laminated into a small card like the one Aric did for me at the Bear 100.  I even wrote the same thing he wrote for me on that split card: "You Got This!"  I feel as focused and more in control for SD100 than I did at Bear.  Now I'll just read up on race reports from last year's SD100, since the course I'm running was just introduced last year.

Sold my mountain bike ;-( but it went to a good home and it really wasn't fitting into my upcoming plans or life situation.  I have the Della Santa road bike and it would have to be pried from my dead hands for me to give it up.  I've always preferred road riding much more anyway and can only manage having one bike for now.

Lyrics at the beginning of the post are from here...

Comments

  1. Well it was certainly a perfect alignment of forces for me, and totally unexpected. Many thanks for the opportunity.

    I took the bike out this evening (first ride in years) on the neighborhood trails, i.e. Green Mountain and periphery, and it's a really nice ride; very sure-footed and super easy to handle. And I have to say it was a lot easier than running. lol

    I still had some feel for it based on my road riding years ago, but trails are different and I've got a lot to learn. Going through the inevitable klutz stage right now.

    Hardrock: if the attrition rate stays the same, you'll be in by mid-June. Hot damn. Hope it works out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Tool!

    You selling your mtn bike isn't quite as sad as me letting mine collect dust behind a ladder in the storage shed. Your bike's at least happy. Mine's sobbing bitter tears.

    Good luck in SD and may each of the 7 people in front of you for Hard Rock suddenly have an unexpected (but not life-threatening) emergency come up which takes them out of contention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No problem, Steph, I'll just use your bike when I get there. Problem solved!

    "not life threatening emergencies". You're wicked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Luck!

    Pretty sure you will get in Hard Rack, if you do, good luck with that too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck on HR lottery, and SD 100!
    Used to live in SD, Noble Canyon was an 'epic' mt. bike ride of 20-25 miles (and you're talking 5 times as far on foot, of course). Also worth getting a slice of pie from Julian with a little detour if you have time. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts