Is there a race this weekend?

At the risk of having site traffic drop below the faint levels maintained by artificial respiration (i.e. visiting my own site, myself), I'll continue the nervous postings about Hardrock.  There's no pattern or plan to the posts, just whatever pops into my crowded mind.  This morning (at 4:45am) I was thinking about the elevation profiles and endless LONG AND HIGH climbs of the course.  I could just post the elevation profile like this:
That smudge in the bottom left is the Boston Marathon's elevation profile... (Hardrock is actually just under 34,000 ft of climb this year but what's a thousand feet among friends?)

Or I could post a pretty picture of little humans on one of the big climbs like this:
Photo: Blake Wood (his picasa photo albums of Hardrock are super)


But I like videos, especially ones with decent music.


I leave for Silverton tomorrow!

Comments

  1. Holy crap. The chart makes Leadville look like the Boulder Creek path by comparison. 34,000 feet? I feel hammered after 8.

    Got YakTrax or something?. Sounds like it's gonna be snowy this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. Bear 100 is 22,000 ft and I didn't die there, so hopefully another *gulp* 12k won't be too much worse. i've NEVER been this nervous for a race, not any. I'm not exactly sure why I'm nervous. It's not like I'll be contending for anything other than to finish. I suppose the residue of suffering three weeks ago at San Diego 100 is kicking in as self preservation, letting me know, "Hey, stupid, remember that four hour stumbling walk and hour in the aid station when you couldn't remember your name? Yeah, don't fuck up this time."

    ReplyDelete
  3. E
    P
    I
    C

    Live this one. Live it hard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, this is just fantastic! The things dreams are made of! Super video as well. Counting the hours off with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think SD100 is great hay. You're set-up for this one. Put the hiking boots on, listen to everything mr. Meltzer says and just take good care.

    You're going to do well. Btw, sick profiles image. You're doing Leadville too?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks GZ and Johann.

    Matt,
    You're right about SD100. That was some good suffering.
    Yep on Leadville but first Grand Mesa 100 in a couple weeks. Things are going to get interesting for the rest of the year. Hope you're getting out running a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay!!!!! That video gave me butterflies and I'm not even running the damn thing. You will conquer!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts