Transition Week Bookend 100s

Feeling good after Hardrock last week.  Took a few days off and started back up Thursday.  Happy Trails came up from Colorado Springs for a little jaunt in the 90 degree weather.  We did a big loop topping out on Bear Peak, then made our way to Beaujo's for some sleep-inducing pizza.  They're kind enough to be crewing for me at Leadville 100, so we chatted about those plans as well.  Later, I got out for a 22 mile ride with Mike (who dragged me along at a damn fast pace).

Heading up west bear ridge in my bear 100 shirt and bondi b shoes.  Fashionable.
Kathleen (the descending demon) adding some color to the trail. [photos 'borrowed' from their great blog]

Good week overall and feeling sharp and fresh for Grand Mesa 100 this Saturday.  14 people (all male) registered for the 100 miler.  Gonna be lonely for all of us after the first couple miles.  I'm fired up to do some running after my two day run/walk/climb/crawl/tumble last weekend.

Doubt there's any chance of freezing like at Hardrock, since temps in certain sections of Grand Mesa will be in the 90s...

Week was:
42 miles run
22 miles road cycle

Comments

  1. I'm amazed that you'll be lining up for a 100 so soon again. Fantastic recovery! All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for being gracious, patient, and willing to wait for us - of course, we had FUN! It is always great to see new routes. BTW, the sleeves fit pretty well although I will have to keep on eye on Steve as he may try to steal them. :-)
    Have a great run this weekend and let us know about P....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your race schedule is astounding! However, it's exciting to follow; I'm happy I found your blog!

    Anyway, good luck with Leadville!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Johann and Rene. I have to attribute much of my body's ability to recover so quickly to some dietary changes, listening to my body and resting or pushing it as it wants and the compression recovery gear I wear. Really, look at something like Marshall Ulrich's run across the US, averaging 60 miles a day for like 50-some days straight. Makes running two 100s in two weeks seem like a stroll in the park. As long as I pay attention to the course, fueling and hydration, I should do ok at Grand Mesa. Body feels good.

    Happy Trails. Don't be silly, I barely ever wait for you guys like you did for me at Buffalo Creek last year (both the training run AND the race!).
    Nice getting out with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good that you are well recovered and ready to go for next weekend! Hopefully it goes well and doesn't have the issues of last year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dude..congrats on HR.. keep the fire alive!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts