Big Boys Day Out

Day off from work today and tomorrow, so met up with Tim W. and GZ for a quickie up Green Mtn.  I started at 8am and ran the length of Mesa to reach them by 9am at Chautauqua.  We did a warm up (not what I really wanted but went along anyway).  I know GZ's been doing consistent high mileage but damn, the boy looks like a long-term member of a concentration camp.  I have shoes that weigh more than he does.

We headed over to the Gregory lot and bumped into JV and Brandon as they just finished their ascent.  Good to see them.  Tim W was looking to crack a fast time up Green, so he popped in his headphones and started moving away just as JV (very viable veteran of green) yelled out something about being conservative until a certain point but it was too late.  TW was already literally sprinting across the bridge and up the first incline.  Oh well (he still hit the peak in 30:50).  Then I got underway and ran at my own pace based on the mileage and workout I had planned before and after Green.

I'm not sure what it is but I have this very solid feeling with my condition and running that fills me with very rare confidence.  Though I intended to run the Bear 100, I've put off registering to work through a few things both physically and mentally.  I'm where I needed to be now and will register Saturday.

On our way back down Green we came across Anton on his way up and stopped to chat for a brief minute.  He looks good and had a look on his face like a mischievous kid when GZ asked him whether he was doing Leadville.

After we got back down to Chautauqua, I bid adieu to GZ and Tim and headed off to finish my run, bumping into Anton again (he must have come down the backside of Green onto Bear west ridge zig zagging to mesa.   Solid run of about 5,000 feet of climb and 18 miles in 3:30 and nice seeing the guys.

Comments

  1. You have your work cut out for you next Saturday. Hopefully I won't get stuck in traffic the morning of the race! You'll kick my ass 200 feet out of Winfield. Fun day though for sure. I wish I had heard JV's comment. Not that I would have listened necessarily! But it may have put the idea in my head. Besides... I needed to practice my start for Leadville. I figure if I can run that first mile in ~5:00 then I have like 5:00 in the bank for later!
    T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucho, you know you could run a 54 min 10 miler to start Leadville. no one would catch you then... Your ass better show up to Winfield ready to run another 50!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm skinny? Hell, I look like a wildebeest next to you. You better wear iron shoes lest you get blown off Hope Pass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Post next week I turn into George the Hut. Simply because I progress from eating the door off the fridge (as I do now) to eating the whole damn fridge, the pantry, and anyone in my way. That and I might (MIGHT) not run as much for a bit. And if I turn into a Hut, I get to keep Carrie Fisher on a neck chain ...

    And yes, you have gotten skinny Footfeathers.

    Good seeing you yesterday. Sorry that I became a hurdle for you late in the run.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What the hell? Why is everyone telling me how skinny I am? Was I that fat???? Next time, tell me when I'm fat, so I can fix it!

    Happy your fall wasn't as serious as it looked.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dude ... The rolls each had their own zip code.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts