Leadville 100 Pacing

Not much time to write but:

Tim Waggoner (my runner) and I crossed the line in 19:19 in 6th place

I picked him up in Winfield at mile 50 where he was in 16th place and we ran the last 50 as though it was a 50 mile race coming in, ran much of Hope ascent, power line ascent and flew down the descent.  He's such a good road runner that we ran solid 7:30-8:30 pace for much of miles 50-90 on the rolling and flat sections, methodically moving up in placings.  I attribute Tim's incredible first ever 100 to his knowledge of fueling and hydration.  He kept saying he felt amazing and our pace showed it.

It was one of most solid efforts I've been apart of .

We saw everyone on the course; some looked good, some not so much.

Great day and honored to be part of Tim's Journey

Comments

  1. Great job to the both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice.
    a bit disappointed with your twitter attempts though....i was thinking you were going to tweet while you ran. and take video. and blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Job Tim - glad you had an awesome experience!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to both of you! Eager to hear/read the play-by-play one day soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BIG GRIN OVER HERE ON THIS PERFORMANCE. SALUD!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy crap, and I thought I had a good second half. Way to get it done!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts