This is gonna hurt you more than it will me.



Well, I'm into the training for Bear now and am happy with this week, full of miles, climbs, speed, and food.

Got out this morning with Nick Pedatella for a casual 11 miles (must have been about 6-7 mi with him from where we met).  He's gearing up for the Trans Rockies race that begins a week from today and then carrying that fitness over to the Wasatch 100 where he's on tap to be a top finisher.  Good time today.

Working the rest of today, which, frankly, sucks since the weather is so gorgeous.  Probably for the best, otherwise I'd likely want to get out for another run and my body would likely revolt at that prospect.

Looking forward to pacing duties at Leadville this Saturday.  Tim W. and I met up for about 3 hours and talked strategy for about 5 mins of it.  I think we're going to work well together to get him speedily to the finish.  Tactics include:  positive reinforcement, timely fueling and hydration, yelling, pushing, cattle prod, bag of fire ants, Chinese throwing stars, and firecrackers.  We'll have a blast.

Fortunately, I'll be riding along with his family/crew so I'll see and talk to him at mile 30 (maybe 23-fish hatchery per Nick P's suggestion), and Twin Lakes (mile 40ish).  It'll help a lot for a couple reasons, I'll be able to rein him in if he's running 6 min mile pace, and I'll get a good idea of his state of being as he reaches me at mile 50.  If the boy shows up at 50 in good shape, who knows what could happen...

Comments

  1. Dammit! I forgot my Chinese throwing stars! Did you get those at REI?! It's gonna be fun! Hope to run into you out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh ... when pacers collide!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We'll be in a different zip code on the course than you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stoked to hear that your training is going well. Sounds like the makings of a throw-down @ Pb! I'll be sure and wave as you guys are blazing up the back side of Hope while I'm still on my way down. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good work on your training Tim. Good thing we left the throwing stars off the NF list... Good luck at LT100 this weekend - you guys will rock it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun getting high this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts