Coming Around and JT Upgrades Hat-ware

My body's starting to come around and the pain seems to be dulling.  I took it easy for a couple days with some easy 10k jogs where I could bag them and turn around if I wasn't enjoying them.  They went fine.  Today I decided to ride from my place to Mt Evans for the Mt Evans Ascent race.  It was a good call and gave me back a bit of the fun in training that had fallen away recently.  Ended up with a 5 hour ride with 9,300 ft of climb up to 12,500 ft elevation.  Felt super strong on the long climbs and still felt pretty fresh when I got home - both good signs.

I hung around a bit at Echo Lake to wait for JT to finally make it down the mtn.  He'd asked me to bring him an Elevation Trail hat if I rode over, so I did along with some expensive beers for him.
Elevation Trail's social class just moved a couple levels.  I'm just not sure whether it's up or down.
They're having Brothel Bed Races in my little town today, which clearly pays homage to what made this place awesome in 1860.  I've never seen anyone move self-propelled more than 3 feet in town, so this should be good.

Comments

  1. Dude, your seeing the light. Throw away the training log, keeping track of this and that... Drinking beer, etc. The Leadman Series is upon you. Don't over think it, just show and do it. This picture is the the best ever you posted. Totally appropriate. -grae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Grae,
    Not much more serious stuff to log. Double crossing of Hope tomorrow and then just some fun stuff til the party starts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second the notion that this is the best pic you ever posted!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts