La Sportiva Love

If I only had the same tread on my bald car tires...

Sorry (not really) if I sound like I'm fulfilling any sponsor obligation.  Not the case.  I've been reviewing (honestly) the La Sportiva shoes for a long time, long before I hooked up with the company.  I appreciate quality in certain things and running shoes have always been one of them.

The most versatile La Sportiva shoe, in my opinion, the C-Lite 2.0.  This has been my go-to shoe for most races from half marathons to 100 milers.  Comfort, lightness, cushion, traction.  It's all there.  Hello quick first 40-60 miles at the Leadville 100 and every step of the Silver Rush 50 mile.

After my bit of disappointment with the Vertical K model, I was hopeful when the Helios was announced.  Fits like a slipper, has ample cushioning and traction, and is light as an orange feather.  The flatness of it (4mm drop) leaves me feeling like I'm flapping my foot on the ground after a couple hours, so this is my sub marathon distance shoes (i.e. Leadville 10k).

The big daddy Ultra Raptor arrived today and I immediately wanted to put them on and run Hardrock (it's killing me to miss that race this year, fyi).  The protection, grip, comfort, and burliness is reminiscent of the old Montrail Hardrock, albeit with supple heel to toe action and springy toe-off.  It may be a bit heavier than the minimalist shoes the "elites" wear but that's why my feet warrant modeling careers and their feet look like Kathy Bates took a sledgehammer to them in the movie, "Misery".  I see these rock stars emerging somewhere between mile 40-60 at the Leadville 100.

Comments

Popular Posts